Notes based on a 1987 conversation with Shri Mataji:
Her Holiness Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi gave all Her blessings to the Sahaja Yoga youth organization in 1987. She christened it Nirmal Shakti Yuva Sangha.
The purpose of the Yuva Shakti is the development of the personality in order to make it much more complete, so that such developed individuals will prove to be great assets to Sahaja Yoga and serve as shining ideals for others to emulate and derive inspiration.
Members of the Yuva Shakti should know:
• The complete story of the divine life of Shri Mataji
• Everything about the genesis and growth of Sahaja Yoga
• Everything that has been told by Shri Mataji about the subtle system
• Everything about meditation as a way of keeping oneself in balance and purity
• Everything about the prophecies heralding the advent of Shri Mataji and Sahaja Yoga
• Knowledge of the great swayambhus and manifestations of India
• Knowledge of the Adi Gurus and saints
The Yuva Shakti is an absolutely integral part of Sahaja Yoga.
The Yuva Shakti is an integral part of this Divine Tree of Sahaja Yoga.
It is our sacred duty to ensure that we pass on this great legacy to the future generations.
They should also know:
• The heritage and great cultural traditions of India
• Indian classical music and the ability to play at least one instrument
• Classical dance and drama
• The great historical personalities of India
• The social, political and economic climate and current affairs
• The ability to speak and understand Hindi and English and the ability to communicate through writing and public speaking
The Yuva Shakti is one.
Its members should not claim affiliation or special attachment to any centre, city, state or country.
Wherever they may go in the world, they should always volunteer their services to the collective.
Yuva Shakti members have to be polite and respectful to senior Sahaja Yogis. Their hallmark should be the madhurya or sweetness.
Boys and girls of the Yuva Shakti should not neglect their studies in the name of Sahaja Yoga work.
Self-respect and self-esteem of Yuva Shakti members has to be maintained.
Nothing precludes the use of common sense.